Scout Membership Ended by SP Expire Invalid Youth UPs Created in SB after 60 Day Lapse

A scout had his membership end in my unit today with optional notes of - DateEnded by SP ExpireInvalidYouthUPsCreatedinSB after 60 Day Lapse

The scout is on our my.scouting membership roster and recharter packet.

Could anyone explain this? Why did it happen to only one scout in my unit?

Thanks for the help.

Has your recharter been processed yet?

William,

Please send an e-mail to scoutbook.support@scouting.org with the Scout’s name, BSA#, council and unit. Post the SSD number you receive in the subject of one of the automated replies. We will have the appropriate BSA IT folks look into it.

Scoutbook Support Incident SSD-93951

His membership was automatically ended again today with the same message.

Thanks. I have passed this on to the appropriate people.

William,

Please check your roster again. I believe your issue has been fixed.

I have the same issue. Our pack went from 42 to 36 and then magically back up to 38 today. My own son is one of the kids that disappeared and reappeared.

I just got the same issue with my son. What is this error message And why does it remove his data from the not awarded report. This seems unfair

This message means that the Scoutbook account did not match a scout on your official roster. In some cases, the scout is not registered at all. I’ve also seen cases where the scout may be registered under a different BSA member number. I’m not sure if other fields have to match or not.

It’s the same number he used since he was a bobcat and he a tenderfoot now why does it not work now. And why is there not a notification to the parent before the account is yanked it seems like a unfair process and another time consuming hassle.

Have you confirmed that he shows up in member manager and with that same BSA member number?

Apparently this had something to do with my units recharter. I was asked to submit my issue through scoutbook.support@scouting.org. Apparently it had something to do with my unit’s recharter. It was fixed quickly after submitting an email to scoutbook support.

I just erased the membership end date and re-approved his membership each time it happened until it was fixed. I hope your issue is resolved quickly.

If the error message is indicating that the systems thinks that the scout isn’t registered with the unit, it’s not going to show any information associated with that scout to the unit. That will include any awards, personal information, etc. The intended function is that people don’t have access to information about youth who are not in their unit.

There’s obviously an error somewhere in the process that’s resulting in these scouts disappearing from their units. It could be that the rechartering process is generating some difference between data that the software uses to confirm that the PeeWee Harris who is supposed to be in your unit isn’t the PeeWee Harris that’s supposed to be in mine. If one or more of those identifying pieces of information don’t match, the system will kick the scout back as not belonging to the unit. That’s what @jacobfetzer is trying to get at.

As far as what exactly is causing it, that’s what @jacobfetzer is trying to help sort out. The more information he can help identify that is similar between these various disappearing scouts (e.g. they are all missing from their respective units’ rosters after recharter, they are listed but with the wrong BSA ID, they now have middle initials listed instead of middle names, etc), the faster it will be to diagnose a cause and find a solution.

For example, our troop acquired a duplicate of our advancement chair – who has been with our troop longer than I have – in a previous round of updates. It turned out that she originally had been entered in the system as a leader without her middle initial, and when BSA automatically added parents of scouts into the system, they added her as a parent with her middle initial. We had two of her floating around in the system causing confusion for several weeks while support got through the backlog to merging her two accounts.

This has also happened to one of my scouts. His membership has been canceled with this note,
“ DateEnded by SP ExpireInvalidYouthUPsCreatedinSB after 60 Day Lapse”
All of his advancements, awards, camping and service logs, everything has been deleted.

2 Likes

@KellyLay They are not deleted. If you go to:

My Account → My Connections

Click on the Scout’s name, then click on [Scout]'s Memberships. Add a new membership with your unit.

1 Like

This is happening to my son as well. I have tried support and they basically keep telling me what you are saying JenniferOlinger. IT DOESN’T WORK. It just keeps adding instances of my son’s name. We added one trying to “transfer” him back into our Troop. Everything is gone. Everything. He is entered twice in our Troop, neither listing has anything he has done over the past 6 years except for ONE merit badge, and when I finally went in to add everything from camp and his handbook, it added it to BOTH listings! One of them links to another Scout in our Troop.

I’ve tried using the email support here and have called National (and been hung up on twice). I barely got out what I was hoping to work on (my son’s account).

When I use the “my connections” link like you say, I see his name 5 times. Appreciate any help you can give.

1 Like

We are having the same issue with at least one boy in our pack.

@AllisonSorg I sent you a direct message you will see in top right at your avatar. @GinanneMitchell usually 2 instances of a scout means 2 memberships in the same unit

@AllisonSorg when you son got wrongly put in the neighboring city troop was that the same council?

Yes. That was not at recharter. That happened in the spring of 2019 after he had already been added correctly to his current Troop in February of 2019.