Trouble adding new scouts to Pack roster - black screen when trying to select Den

Continuing the discussion from See something not working right? Here is the place to report it:

Sorry, first time posting for Scoutbook support and I’m not sure if I’m putting this in the right place, but I’m trying to add new scouts to our Pack roster and after I add their name and click on the drop down menu to select which Den to assign them to, the screen goes black and I cannot proceed with adding the scout. Is this a known bug? I’ve tried it several times and the screen always goes black when I click on the Den drop down menu. Is this a known bug? Is there another way to add scouts?

1 Like

I have not heard of a black screen in Scoutbook before. Can you list the steps you are going through? There are multiple places to add a Scout so we need to know which one you are using.

Thanks, Ed. I am starting out in My Dashboard, then I click on our pack, Pack 223, then I click on the Quick Nav menu in the top left, then I click on the Pack 223 Roster and scroll to the bottom right side of the page and click “Add Scout.” On the Add Scout page I’m able to add a scout’s first and last name and zip code and the next field is the drop down menu to select which Den to assign them to. Each time I click on the Den drop down menu, the screen goes black and nothing else happens. I can’t click Back to go back to the original Add Scout page either.

If there is an easier place where I can add a scout, that would be fantastic.

Thank you!
Dariana

Dariana Ross

How many dens do you have in your pack. We’ve seen issues in the past where a large number of dens caused a white screen. The workaround was to zoom way out before clicking the button that brings up the den list.

Hi Jacob,

We technically have 8 active dens, but there are a few extra inactive dens listed that must have carried over from the past so there are a total of 18 listed.

Dariana

Dariana Ross

18 dens listed may be enough to do that. Did you try the workaround of zooming way out on the browser?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.