Two accounts created

I will ask them to resubmit then because in Scoutbook I no longer show as a leader despite it being shown in Scouting.org.

An overnight sync will run to get them back in or an admin can just add them

1 Like

Hello! I have a leader with one BSA ID but two SB IDs. I need the two SB IDs merged under the single BSA ID so he has the correct permissions for his assigned Cubmaster position!

SB account currently assigned as Cubmaster:
No BSA ID listed - does not show up in my.scouting
SB ID: 10312098

SB account that shows up in my.scouting:
BSA ID: 136432764
When he logs in to Scoutbook, the SB ID is 10290939

Please let me know who I can reach out to or what we can do to get this fixed!
Thanks!
Kristen

We need help with this issue as well. My partner was linked to our son’s account as a parent and was given BSA ID: 140386387.

He later applied for the Assistant Den Leader position and was apparently given a second BSA ID: 140482020. This has him listed as a committee member and has his YPT training certificate.

When we tried to add the “original” member ID under Manage IDs we get the error that everyone else seems to get. When I try to link him to our son by looking up the “new” id, I get an error that there is no record. When he logs into scoutbook, he can’t see much of anything and gets an alert that there is another user with the same email address.

He never used the “Sign in with Google” option and as far as he knows only has one BSA user ID. Any help would be appreciated.

Melanie

@KristenReeder This should be fixed.

@MelanieGagnon He is registered as a Committee Member. If he is supposed to be an Assistant Den Leader, then your Chartered Org. Rep. (or COR Delegate) can change it at my.scouting using the Position Manager (on the Roster page).

He does have 2 usernames:

One is an e-mail. The other is not. Which one would he like to keep? We can retire the other one.

Thank you.

User name (removed by moderator) with Member ID ending in 2020. That is the one he is linked to for YPT and the committee.

Melanie

I have merged the usernames.

1 Like

Hello,

I need two accounts merged.

Old account: 14005720
Account registered with unit: 137480419

I created an account when I first became a Den Leader to begin training. This was prior to receiving the invitation from my unit, so now I have two accounts. The old account has all my training completions and the unit account is where I’m registered as a Den Leader. Please help! Thank you in advance.

@KristinPungello that is fixed - your login with no numbers remains

As of last week, there were three member ids with my name on them. I only know the numbers for two. But the name is Jeremy Varnell on all three. Are you able to merge all three under the primary account ending in 902? Thank you.

@LukeVarnell you need to call council and do 2 things -

1. you have registered leader positions under - 135666902 & 135666868 - they need to move it all to one MID
  2. Once they pick which MID - I recommend that you contact your local council and ask them to use the Registrar Tools to look up your children. When they look up your children, they want to check your children’s “User Relationship” and make sure that your children are connected to you as parent with Only your correct BSA member ID number

Then they can use VST to clean up Scoutbook and your sign ins or we can help you here

I have a similar issue.
BF joined our Pack as a leader this fall did not know his old ID until he accessed my.scouting after registering.
Old - Leatherstocking 400 Member ID: 105140942
New - NCAC 082 Member ID: 140436484

Can you merge them? Thanks.

@AmandaWine I’m not seeing anything to merge.

He looks set up correctly in the new council, although he isn’t registered yet.

We can’t see his current ypt, so we have not approved the registration for leader yet. We can only see the ypt that expired in 2003. Any ideas to fix this issue? Thanks.

@AmandaWine

MID 140436484 has YPT expiring 9/28/25. You probably won’t be able to see this until he is registered in your troop. I see 2 options:

1. Approve the application and let your council deal with the YPT issues. They won’t be able to register him if his YPT is incomplete.
  2. Ask for a copy of the YPT certificate before you approve the registration.

Thanks for your help.

@AmandaWine Training gets copied onto the primary BSA member number (set at Manage Member ID at my.scouting).

I set the old BSA member number as primary for a little while, then changed it back to the new number. It looks like his training has been copied.

Your Chartered Org. Rep. (or COR Delegate) might need to wait up to 24 hours before they see the update).

Hello There,
I beleive I am having a similar issue.
SB User ID:
BSA Member ID:

On my scoutbook dashboard I get the following

And when I click on one of my children I see that I have two accounts:

Thank you

@KevinBarreiros that is fixed