Warning, another user is using the same e-mail address warning

Does the other account end in …0715? If so, is it possible to delete that one? Reason being is that the account with my email address as my uname is all setup and configured.

it is the 0715 one - I am having them merged - the issue is the system does not like emails as user names - I can just not merge them - there are issues with that too - it sometimes effects training

Understood. So I shall wait until I hear on the success of the merge?

the merge is on hold till you say you want the other username @PeterMonaghan1

The one ending in …0715? Yes, I want that username.

We have a parent seeing this message as well. He’s been in the pack for a year with his older son but just became our Tiger leader for his younger son and is suddenly seeing this error message.

SB User ID: 12119604
BSA Member ID: 14393920

Parent’s initials are DM.

Can you help?

@KathrynAlva that is fixed

1 Like

I wanted to check to see how the merge is going.

@PeterMonaghan1 The merge is complete.

You need to log in with your my.scouting user name – not your e-mail address.

It works. Thanks! However, my original problem of trying to register for the BSA’s Fall eSports Tourney still exists. When I try to register with my BSA credentials, now using account ending in …0715, I am still getting the message, “This email is already in use by another account.”

Do you know who I should reach out to for help on this?

@PeterMonaghan1 - on the left hand side of the banner are three stacked lines to the left of the Boy Scouts of America… click on the and there is a contact Us. I get the same message when I click on use my BSA account.

1 Like

@PeterMonaghan1 what URL are you trying to sign up at?

This one?

https://rallycry.gg/scouting/login

And when you click on “Use Boy Scouts of America Account” it gives error message that says:

“This email is already in use by another account.”

1 Like

@PeterMonaghan1 I would avoid that website - BSA has no way to share credentials. Security is looking at this

1 Like

The BSA sent out an e-mail called:

“Announcing the BSA Esports Fall Tournament Series!”

yeah is on a Bryan on Scouting too - imagine BSA putting something out with out talking to all departments - LOL

2 Likes

it is odd - I tried a different link and it opens to a BSA interface - not the Emeail error - but when I sign in I get the same error

seems like a very bad implementation

Should I go ahead and delete this then so that no one else clicks on it?