2 BSA IDs for each parent

Both my wife and myself find that we have 2 BSA IDs for each. It caused confusions. My son’s account should 4 parents with duplicated names. We took/want to take some BSA trainings. We are worried about keeping our records straight. Can these BSA IDs be merged or can one of them be deleted/deactivated?

For my wife:

• 14340466, to keep. It has her training records already
  • 14300821, to delete/deactivate. It should have no records other than email, phone and street address. We don’t have the access to it.

For myself:

• 14339874, to keep
  • 14340432, to delete/deactivate. I’ve verified that all the info under it is duplicate to 14339874

Many thanks.

@WilliamYan

For your wife, I had to set BSA member ID number 14300821 as “primary”, because she has an active registration as an adult leader under this number. Her training should merge within about 24 hours. Please let us know if it hasn’t merged after that time.

She has 2 usernames at my.scouting. She should log in with the one that is not an e-mail address. If she has difficulty accessing this username, your local council can reset her password for her.

You also have 2 usernames at my.scouting. One is an e-mail address. The other has sign in with Google turned on. If you let us know which one you would like to keep, we can retire the other one.

I recommend that you contact your local council and ask them to use their Registar Tools to look up your son. In the “Relationships” section, they want to make sure that you and your wife are listed as parents under the correct BSA member numbers. They should remove the other BSA member numbers as parents.

For your wife, I had to set BSA member ID number 14300821 as “primary”, because she has an active registration as an adult leader under this number. Her training should merge within about 24 hours. Please let us know if it hasn’t merged after that time.

Thank you!

You also have 2 usernames at my.scouting. One is an e-mail address. The other has sign in with Google turned on. If you let us know which one you would like to keep, we can retire the other one.

I’d like to keep 14339874, which has the sign-in-with-google.

I recommend that you contact your local council and ask them to use their Registar Tools to look up your son. In the “Relationships” section, they want to make sure that you and your wife are listed as parents under the correct BSA member numbers. They should remove the other BSA member numbers as parents.

Will do after the our (parents) accounts situation get fully resolved. Thanks again.

An additional question, the forum is open to the Internet. This makes impossible to discuss things private or confidential. Is there another way available to communicate?

The SUAC folks can start a private discussion with individual users if needed. We, as regular users, can’t start a private chat.

ETA: Just to further clarify, the “private chat” is (as the name implies) not visible to the broader group, even though it is still hosted through the Discourse system.

@WilliamYan I merged the Scoutbook accounts for you and your wife last night.

The next step would be to contact your local council and ask them to use their Registrar Tools to look up your Scout and make sure that you are listed as parents under the correct BSA member numbers.

Is there something else that you need? We do have the ability to start a direct message, if needed.

1 Like

I can confirm I no longer have the warning of 2 BSA IDs under the same email and my scout no longer has duplicated names under “Parents/Guardians” listing. I will ask my wife later today to check her account.

Is there something else that you need? We do have the ability to start a direct message, if needed.

My scout is locked out from his account. I believe it is the same as Login via Google credentials no longer allowed for scouts under 13. It is potential more scouts get locked out from their accounts. I can offer some tech detail to the scouting.org web developers. If they are interested they can reach out to me directly.

Since I get you here, I like to ask more help: to switch my scout (ID 14339873) login method to BSA credential from login-with-google.

Thank you!

We do not have this ability. Your local council might or they can submit a help ticket to National on your behalf.

I can confirm that both parents’ accounts are working fine. I will ask my local council to file a ticket with Nation for our scout’s lockout. Thank you very much @JenniferOlinger .

1 Like

After I’d combined the training record from the accounts, the record shows that the mandatory requirements for position training are all 100% completed, but the “trained” patch is not shown next to the adult’s name. Kindly revert.

@ChauYuet_chu Is this for yourself from the other thread?

When you log in at my.scouting and go to “My Training”,
Click on “Requirements” (on the left side).
For your registered position, do you see any modules that are blank and you need to “Take Course”?

There are courses I needed to take and it were shown 100% completed.

Morning!

Can you merge two accounts please?

1: inactive bsa id 137142603
2: current, active bsa id 14389974

@ChauYuet_chu Please clarify exactly where you are seeing that it’s 100% and where it says you have courses to take.

@JamieHaller log into my.scouting.org > Click Manage Member ID > one of the BSA # will be there marked PRIMARY > then add the other MID (BSA #) - you want to make the one that is your unit registration PRIMARY > Then go to Scoutbook.com and log in using your my.scouting.org credentials

1 Like

It is under /my training/requirements/my position requirement/
course name; “completed + date of completion”

Also under trained leader report: show course names and 100% completed in green color for both Mandatory and Online training column; but the trained status was shown “NO”. The only blank column is classroom training.

Thank you. We were able to do that successfully yesterdag. However, he still isn’t synced with scoutbook (he was last week, not sure why he fell off?) When I go to re add as a leader, he isn’t found under the current bsa number or name/email (that now shows on my.scouting as correct) any other ideas?

@ChauYuet_chu We had to escalate your issue, but you should be showing as “Trained” for your registered position.

@JamieHaller There is some kind of registration issue. Please check with your local council.

1 Like

thank you. It is fixed now.

1 Like

Hi Jennifer,

Same case as my account, an ASM/Merit badge counselor had completed all his training but his status of training is still “No”. Please kindly help. His member ID is 13410426 and 136470051. His account has been merged.