Can not send message

I also started having the issue with sending a message from Scoutbook via Chrome. I opened an Incognito window and was able to get it to send.

Server: AWSWEBSCTBK1A

I can confirm that AWSWEBSCTBK3A is working fine this morning in Firefox (current) or Chrome (current) under Win10 (current) with the Feature Assistant Extension (0.47.0.17) running. AWSWEBSCTBK3C was working fine yesterday when I tried it with the same OS/browser combination. I did not have to go to an Private Browsing/Incognito window to get it to work.

AWSWEBSCTBK5C normal Firefox window on Win 10 will not work.

AWSWEBSCTBK1C incognito Firefox window on Win 10 did work.

@EricNelson4

Do you have the Feature Assistant Extension enabled? If so, can you try disabling it and trying to send a message in a normal window? This will show us if the problem is the extension or something in the cache or cookies.

Seems unlikely to be the extension by itself, @edavignon. I sent & received messages via Chrome & Firefox this morning with the extension running. Maybe some sort of interaction, though.

@CharleyHamilton

Did you ever get a send failure? If not, then I would still like someone who did to try again with the extension disabled.

1 Like

Fair point. I haven’t yet gotten a failure.

Ed,

Different Erik here, but I do not even have the Feature Extension installed on this PC.

Also, I never got a failure message. It just spun and spun one time and the other times, it looked like a successful send.

Erik

I have a send failure with both the feature extension enabled and disabled in Chrome. In a new incognito window in Chrome messages send fine.

I too have had these problems, sending text messages. I sign in using google, type my message and it buffers continuously

Did you try it in an incognito window?

Matt thanks for replying. I’m not sure how that works. When I sign into Scoutbook I use Google and that seems to be very convenient but this is kind of a random occurrence it happens probably once every three times.

Scott Slinko
Airslink Inc.
N120JJ

Yeah, something is up, but it isn’t clear yet. In the meantime, people have had luck with “going incognito”. In Chrome go to the 3 dot menu in the upper right. Choose “New Incognito Menu”. Login like normal and try it then. If this works for you, you may have to keep doing that until the program is id’d and fixed.

Also, for the keyboard shortcut folks, Ctrl+Shift+N generates an incognito window in Chrome, with Ctrl+Shift+P doing the same in Firefox. Us command line folks gotta stick together. ;^)

1 Like

We are attempting to send an e-mail message to our unit, but Scoutbook does not appear to be delivering any messages we try to send out. We’ve used this function successfully for over a year, but seem to be having trouble all of a sudden. I see similar posts here in the forum, but no indication on if this is actively being resolved. Is anyone else having this problem?

@JeremyJardell, there is a related discussion here. Per SUAC, development is trying to diagnose the issue right now, but has limited staff due to holiday.

Thank you very much! @CharleyHamilton

1 Like

I just downloaded firefox (was previously in chrome) and opened scoutbook to send a message and it worked. I was unable from chrome for 2 days.

Still cannot send messages except through incognito, regardless of using phone or computer. I use Chrome. Tried with feature assistant on and off. Tried with virus protection on and off.

Server ID: AWSWEBSCTBK3C
Unit ID: 6784

Thank goodness incognito works.

Thank you for your help. I hope there is a solution soon.

In Chrome, I was able to get sending messages to work by:

Open Developer Tools: Ctrl+Shift+i
Navigate to Application tab
Under Local Storage, Session Storage, and Cookies: Right-click on https://scoutbook.scouting.org → Clear