Duplicate parent accounts merge

Thank you! Do we need to merge her accounts first before trying again to see if our Council will edit her last name? We have been fighting this for a year now.

Heard back from our council. Our registrar stated she will need to show proof of name change and required to fill out another application since she is a registered adult leader. Why would another application be required?

@BrittaMcKee1 - the criminal background check is associated with the name on the applicaton

I totally understand that but Couldnā€™t she just fill our the CBC again? And not the full form?

@BrittaMcKee1 - the laws do not work that way

Iā€™m not sure if this will work, but my.scouting.org > my profile > name fields appear to be editable.

@jacobfetzer - it is worth a try, but I think the filing requirements might not allow that type of action.

Jumping in on this topic:

W.G. (names removed by Moderator) has three Scoutbook accounts.

His correct account is 12329792 user id: 11443471.

Can you delete/combine 13169876 user id: 1008415 & 13297316 user id: 9675564 so that he only has one access point tied to his scouting.org account?

Thanks,
Mike Martin
Troop 1292 Mobile Area Council Advancement Chair & Parent Hand Holderā€¦ :slight_smile:

@MichaelMartin7 This should be fixed.

He needs to log in with his my.scouting user name and password ā€“ not his e-mail address.

Iā€™ve the same problem. Iā€™m a parent and seem to have 2 accounts with following BSA IDs:

Can you please merge the same?

Thanks!

@ASONDHI I am looking in to this.

@ASONDHI Your Scoutbook accounts have been merged.

My pack is having similar issues. Council said accounts canā€™t be merged and the problem has not been resolved. Brian has his tiger parent account and an adult leader account. Instead of removing the tiger parent account, they changed his leader account to link with his son, so he shows up 3 times. He still canā€™t access Scoutbook as a leader because of the ā€œchangemyemailā€ problem, which canā€™t be fixed because his email is used for his tiger parent account.
BSA IDā€™s are 14183040 (den leader and connected adult) and 14008112 (parent account)
Can you please merge them? Thanks.

@AmandaWine this is fixed - Council could have done it - he needs to log in with his my.scouting.org username/password - not email

Thank you for handling this so quickly.

K. also has duplicate BSA IDā€™s: current for the National Capital Area (14222824) and the old one for the Golden Empire Council (135410776). MyScouting shows all of the training (including BALOO, Leader Specific Training, etc). MyScouting shows the current positions as Supernova Mentor and Tiger Cub Adult.
K. has dropped completely off our roster as a Tiger adult. He is also supposed to be our Tiger den asst leader and that was dropped when he was approved for Supernova. Can these 2 IDā€™s be merged? Is there a way for him to hold more than one position, so he can access the pack level stuff also? Council has not succeeded in fixing this issue.
Thanks.

(Names removed by Moderator)

@AmandaWine

Iā€™m looking into this.

@edavignon Looks like both BSA numbers are set as ā€œprimaryā€.

@AmandaWine

This is partially fixed. I have merged the two Scoutbook IDs for K. I fixed the issue where both BSA IDs were marked as primary on the my.scouting.org ID.

You will need to contact the NCAC registrar to have the Tiger Cub Adult position restored in Akela. The next day K will appear on your unit roster as a Tiger Cub Adult.

K. will need to register as a Tiger Den Leader. Lion and Tiger Adult Partners are not considered registered adult leaders (because YPT is not required, no criminal background check, and not approved by the chartered organization).

Yes, K. can register under the same BSA member number (14222824) as the Supernova Mentor position.

The best way to accomplish this, if you donā€™t have online applications as an option, is to include the BSA ID on the adult application and make sure that name, email, and birthdate all match with whatā€™s already in the system for the existing BSA ID.