Error Trying to Change Registered Positions

I am getting an error attempting to change positions, says not allowed. Lion guide to Tiger Leader and Ast DL to Webelos Leader. I am a Key-3 Delegate for the unit if that makes a difference.

1 Like

Me too. Please help. Pack 3057

I am having the same problem with an ASM (newly registered and prepaid for 2022) moving to SM. I also have a unit trying to register a Lion parent partner to Lion Guide and the system errors for both. I have created help tickets and heard crickets from online support. Hoping someone can provide an answer since my one unit cannot recharter until it is fixed :angry:

@SarahNorman Whats the error you are getting on the Lion parent? And what is their bsa member number? That seems different enough from the ASM/SM issue to warrant a separate report to the developers.

@JasonCostarakis @NathanHaselhorst Are these individuals who recently completed an online app and prepaid for 2022? If you are still seeing the issue, can you provide bsa member numbers? Thanks.

(Name removed by moderator) 14008549

Error Message for him was : Our records indicate you already have an active registration with Pack 806. There is no need to submit another application, if you are applying for an additional position in the same organization please contact your unit leader for assistance.

Unit leader tried to update his position in recharter from Lion Adult Partner to Lion Guide and received error: Update to prepaid member record is not allowed.

Did they also leave the individual as a lion adult partner? They will need to be both. I wonder if you can try making them a “den leader” instead?

I will have them try. In order to do this should I have them add existing member to their recharter? I don’t think the system will them multiple in their own unit.

I’ll pass this along to the developers also and see what they see. I’m not sure how long that will take, though.

Thank you @jacobfetzer! If anything works on our side in the meantime I will update here.

1 Like

@SarahNorman Try adding a new “existing member” without removing the one that’s already there.

They tried. It didn’t work.

I’m having a similar problem. I’m the Executive Officer for our Pack and Troop, as well as direct contact roles in each. I am stepping down as Assistant Cubmaster and was able to change the role for my replacement to Assistant Cubmaster, but I can’t change my role from Assistant Cubmaster to anything else. On the Troop side, our Scoutmaster is retiring and I am replacing him in that role. I can’t change my role to Scoutmaster, though.

@JeremyBlevins are you COR delegate as a functional role?

I am a Key 3 Delegate for both units, but not a COR Delegate.

so what happens when you try to make yourself SM?

I get the following message: “Error Position cannot be updated”. I see the same thing when I try to demote myself from Assistant Cubmaster to Den Leader on the Pack side.

@JeremyBlevins do you have a minute for a screenshare?

@DonovanMcNeil, I do.

I will send you a direct message > look at top right Avatar to find it > it will be a green dot with a number 1 > it will be a private message channel with select members of the Scoutbook User Advisory Council (SUAC)