Is Scoutbook down (4/12/2021 11:30am CDT)?

I pay for my own children’s registration, as well as my own as a Scout volunteer (Scoutmaster). I also attend council camps (pay for me and mine), buy and sell popcorn, and both contribute and canvas for Friends of Scouting. I am the very definition of a paying customer.

I spend HOURS in the scouting systems weekly. I have used BSA tools as well as Scoutbook.com since 2014.

And I work in Technology, as I have for more than 20 years.

Nevertheless I invest more time to “voice any frustrations with respect and supporting info so that something can potentially be done about them.” I have contributed my observations Here, Here, Here and extensively Here and Here.

And yet many of those issues still remain. Unresolved. Unacknowledged.

BSA IT does not monitor this space. They rely on the volunteers from the User Advisory Council to escalate issues and items to them.

And so as a heavily invested, paying customer, I resent this decision. Tell me another organization that only affords the paid support staff to the paid staff, and none to the paying customer …

So yes I am frustrated. And without violating any of the scouting values, nor the community rules of this site, I feel that I am justified in expressing that frustration, and vocally advocating for change.

1 Like