Merging Two Scoutbook Accounts - NOT BSA Accounts

Well these are 2 different people @TabithaKappel

@TabithaKappel I will send you a direct message > look at top right Avatar to find it > it will be a green dot with a number 1 > it will be a private message channel with select members of the Scoutbook User Advisory Council (SUAC)

During recharter I changed roles from Scoutmaster to Committee Chair. Since then, I have to use the Manage Member ID to switch between access to Scoutbook and resources in My.Scouting. My.Scouting is using as the primary ID 136338808 and is not listing me as having any registered positions. Only BSA ID 127450441 in My.Scouting gives me access to the unit resources in my.Scouting.

I let the local council office know and they said they merged the accounts. However, I now appear to have 2 roles listed in Scoutbook though my profile is using BSA ID 136338808, which is the role with the alert flag shown in the image below. The 2nd position is using the other BSA ID 127450441. The issue I think is that the recharter was processed with my new role as Committee Chair using BSA ID 127450441. However, my Scoutbook account and existing profile is with BSA ID 136338808. I think BSA ID 136338808 needs to be the primary ID for Scoutbook and my.Scouting. BSA ID 127450441 needs to be merged into the primary ID. Any chance you all can fix?

@JaredKerr This should be fixed now.

Thank you very much Jennifer. Your fix did the trick!

Hi - Our pack is having the same issues with transfers.
We have one scout & two leaders who have transferred from different councils. When our local council looks at the info in their side, they don’t see any issues, but on the scoutbook side, I’m showing errors. 2 have ! by their name. The other appears fine, but the email in scoutbook is wrong & I cannot change it because he has another account at his former council, so he cannot accept the scoutbook invite.
Both adults have gone into their my.scouting.org profiles and made sure that our current council is checked as the primary account.
All were paid for during recharter.

Councils cannot see other council’s memberships @KylaGatlin - post the BSA #s here and we can take a look (no names)

1 Like

Thanks!
One leader is BSA# 137435602 in Mobile Area Council (us) - but his email is incorrect so he cannot accept the scoutbook email. When I try to correct it - I get an error. His old council BSA # is 137436384. He has gone into myscouting and checked to ensure Mobile is primary council.

Another leader has the error “not on official roster in my.scouting” although she is on our roster at council. BSA # 137378477. She is able to sign into scoutbook and has functionality. She has also double checked that Mobile Area is checked as primary in my.scouting - she transferred in as well.

Our 3rd is a Bear. Another transfer. Same error as not being on the roster. His BSA # 135504088.

@KylaGatlin The first 2 are fixed - the third one is not registered to you as that is a MID from another council - there is a 004 MID for them - 14157864 - but it has no registrations - check with council

Thank you so much! I appreciate it. I’ll check with them on our Bear.

I have a Leader that is somehow marked as Parent/Guardian to two Scouts when he only a Leader to them. Is this something you are able to fix and remove him as parent to them both or does Council need to do this?

The leader can clear the Parent/Guardian check box on the connection to the Scouts or the Council can clear the Parent/Guardian relationship using their Volunteer Support Tools.

Great, thank you so much! :slight_smile: I will let them know they should be able to do it. If they can’t, we will work with Council.

Hello - We have a scenario in our Troop where a scout is listed twice in Scoutbook (with some different information) and we need to merge the 2 UserIDs into one scout with the correct information.

Correct Info
BSA#: 136337568
Scout UserID: 9900505

Duplicate Entry
Could you please move all logged activity from this duplicate entry to the correct entry above.
BSA#: 136337568
Scout UserID: 11807035

Thanks!

@ChristinaGallen The Scout’s Scoutbook accounts have been merged. The second one appears to have had a parent’s date of birth.

@JenniferOlinger Thank you! I checked Scoutbook and the scout is now showing up twice on the roster (looks like a full duplicate). How do I fix that?

Check for duplicate memberships under the scout’s Scoutbook account. Typically, it’s one in the troop and one in a patrol.

@CharleyHamilton I do see 2 memberships, just like you said. How do I resolve that?

If you are a unit admin, you can set an end date on one. Which one to end is generally immaterial, but if the patrol is correct, I would end the troop one.

1 Like

That worked!! Thank you very much for the help!

1 Like