My Pack and Scouts are missing when I log in

@ThomasHolmes1 - if you click on your name in the roster then click on the Pack Admin listed there, then check the Position Approved then click update what happens with the list of scouts ?

It won’t let me click on my own name. I just realized that I think the Den Leader role I was able to recover is from a duplicate account left over from the merge in January. The Thomas Holmes with Admin access is still gone, just like my wife’s account.

@ThomasHolmes1 - hum… what kind of merge was this as it seems that you have a duplicate account.

That big Scoutbook change they did back in January where they merged my.scouting and scoutbook … It created several duplicate accounts in our Pack. We are a military Pack so most of our Scouts and Leaders have transferred several times and have had several different BSA #s assigned to them over the course of their scouting careers

It sounds like you have multiple Scoutbook accounts. Make sure you are logging in with your my.scouting.org ID and password.

Send an e-mail to scoutbook.support@scouting.org with your name, BSA#, unit, council and my.scouting.org ID. Ask them to search for an merge duplicate accounts.

We are logging in with our my.scouting.org ID and passwords. The same ones we’ve been using for months. This old duplicate account has existed since January. We have sent multiple requests to Scoutbook Support to correct it and nothing has been done to fix it.

I am the only one that has multiple accounts, my wife never has and she is experiencing the same problem. We can’t even view our own children.

Thanks for the help everyone. Submitted a ticket to Scoutbook Support. Fingers crossed we can figure it out because first Den meeting is tomorrow and its popcorn season

This happened to me as well. a end date of June 6, 2019 was entered for the entire crew. I was freaked out… several emails to Scoutbook before I realized what happened… Still don’t know HOW it happened… gremlins I guess.

The same thing happened to me last week! I don’t know what to do to fix it. Can’t see my troop and I’m an admin and can’t even see my own scout. Accessing it as I’ve always done…

@ShanaButler1 - can you see your account ? If so go to your positions and take a look at what is active and ended. I would see if you can remove any end dates that are not valid.

1 Like

It sounds like you have multiple Scoutbook accounts. Send an e-mail to scoutbook.support@scouting.org with name, BSA#, council and unit along with your my.scouting.org ID. Ask them to search for and merge any duplicate accounts they find.

This happened to my account August 12th when I tried to log in. I have had a Scoutbook help ticket in ever since with no access restore yet. I get the error message:
Unable to find the person for the given GUID - personGuid 18EF2849-D2D9-4AB6-BDAE-83B8AAFA6870. I have had calls with Scoutbook and all anyone can tell me is that my ticket is with “Development”. No idea what this means or when it will ever get fixed.

Hi, @LaurieSchultz-Unthan,

“Development” is the actual programmers, as opposed to the member support folks on the phone. I haven’t had a lot of success getting a timeline out of the folks in development, I generally only hear from them when they think they’ve fixed the issue.

Could you post the SSD number that you received in response to your bug report email to scoutbook.support? It should be in the subject line and body of the reply you received. That can help the SUAC route any relevant info from your posts here to the developers.

Hello,

The number is HD-180380

Thank you,

Laurie

@LaurieSchultz-Unthan - where are you seeing the GUID error? The GUID is typically a windows registry entry for a user profile.

It is an error message that displays as a temporary pop up box when I log in to my Internet Advancement account and am set to Troop 500 (if I am set to T555 or Pack 546, which i also am connected too, it does not display). There is a picture of it in my help ticket. HD-180380

@LaurieSchultz-Unthan - ok so Internet Advancement and NOT scoutbook. So what is the URL that you are using to access it ? What are you positions in the unit and I gather this worked at some point ? Beyond that I would be willing to run a screen share to see exactly is going on. Please email sjhjr@comcast.net if you want to give that a try.

@Stephen_Hornak
Thank you! I actually did not have anything in my positions so I took a chance and typed myself in as Advancement Chair with no ending date and that is what fixed it!

I had this issue… somehow ALL the scouts had end dates of 6/6/2019. I removed them and suddenly everyone was back!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.