Online Scoutmaster Training doesn't generate a completion certificate that populates the training record

Was sent this report form a local council rep, so I know that report you mentioned is available somewhere:

I do not have access to this as UTC. Or is visible under an individual if access is by a Key 3, Commissioner, or District person, not sure what level this originated from… I also happpen to know this person did the online SM course, which doesn’t show in the training report I’ve mentioned, though this report does indicate he has satisified the requirements…

Council Registrar - that is a screen, not a report.

Understood, but it still shows this person completed requirements for SM/ASM, despite not having a SM/ASM specific course completion showing in their training report or in thier profile that I have access to.

So I have requested that same information as a report available at the unit-level.

1 Like

This is the member report of the same person as the above screenshot:

Our Troop prefers all requirements be completed before submitting the apps. They look to me to verify course completions satisfy the postion requirement.

I submitted the request for a report modeled from the Registrar Tools screen.

1 Like

SM/ASM is even more complicated since it also requires a current hazardous weather training (<=2 years) and the IOLS in person.

As I read through this string it’s unclear to me whether you want to know when the adult has completed all SM position specific training (including iols) or just the online portion which may be considered a prerequisite to take iols?

1 Like

Okay - if you go into Training Manger for your unit → select “Add/Search” and then “Search Training” you can select an adult volunteer and click “View Training.”

Once that displays you will see there is a checkbox that says “Viewing: Completions” - choose that and you can select “Positions Trained.”

They will work on creating a report you can download from that screen that shows the positions trained for each individual.

For the report, I suggest they try to consolodate some of the information that shows in Akela. For example, I show as trained for 10 different Lion Coordinator positions, all with code 660 but for different programs including LDS Cub Scouts and LDS Cub Scouting which no longer exist.

The report should be based on position code, not program code since the training is the same for a single position code in all programs.

There are a total of 194 entries in my Positions Trained table in Akela, most are reported multiple times.

Interesting Thread. I have a similar question when I look at a person’s training, but i am looking specifically for the training sessions regarding Unit Commissioner, ADC, etc. You can Filter on some of the reports, but, that doesn’t always work. Additionally, with Recharter approaching, the ability to check if a person is “Trained” for a position so the Recharter isn’t held.

1 Like

@AnthonyArrowsmith

Does your council hold up recharter if some leaders are not position trained? If so, can you explain the requirements? For example, do all SMs and ASMs need to have completed IOLS or just basic SM training?

Are there really that many councils that limit registering for a position unless you are Fully Trained for it?

2 Likes

Not Registering for a position. NOT allowing the Recharter to go through becuase they ARE NOT trained for their position

@AnthonyArrowsmith

So your Council will hold a recharter unless 100% of the leaders are fully trained? Does this include IOLS for Assistant Scoutmasters and Scoutmasters or is it just referring to basic position training (the online content)?

Checking. They have not enforced the IOLS due to timing / availability for training. Largely it’s for Basic position training.

@RonaldBlaisdell

This would be a case where the unit needs to know which positions the adults completed online training for positions. Since you can change positions at recharter, the currently available data is not sufficient to validate training.

And, it is available, online [right now], as indicated above.

Only if the individual is currently registered in the position of interest. It is not available if, for example the adult is currently registered as MC and will be rechartered as SA.

Follow this process - it shows all positions a person is trained for.