Pack cannot enter advancement into Scoutbook

I have a Pack that I am commissioner for that cannot enter advancement for their scouts into scoutbook. The Pack changed councils for this charter year, Jan-Dec 2022, after their charter organization physically moved to a new location across the council border, from Longhorn Council to Circle Ten. I noticed that I cannot connect to the pack in Scoutbook as unit commissioner. The pack does not show up when I enter their unit number. Same thing for the boy and girl troops that also are under the same CO. They are Pack and Troops (B&G) 2022, Circle Ten Council. The 3 units do show up correctly in our council/district in My.Scouting. I can see their rosters, enter commissioner contacts, etc.

When an adult goes to the advancement for a scout and clicks on an adventure to enter completion dates for the adventure, it takes them back to the pack home page.

@RobertBrodner if a pack member gets on so we can get direct data we can probably help

OK, I will direct them to post here.

My two boys have this issue. I physically showed him last night what my interface shows. Nothing pulls up in the app version, so I must log on using the web version. Regardless if I use my iPhone, iPad, or a computer I can not see a list of requirements for any advancements. Our packs scoutbook went “offline” back in January/February and we really haven’t had access or working fine since. I was hoping maybe after June 1st or whenever our pack promoted in scoutbook but it doesn’t seem it’s resolving anything. It worked fine last fall before the change from longhorn to circle 10. So far I found 2 other parents that had previously used scoutbook and 1 works, but the other is like my account. Please feel free to contact me. Emmocha44@me.com 4693231887

If I click any belt loop from this list this is the following screen I get.

@EmilyFlorez it looks to me like your pack did not recharter - you need to talk to your council

They absolutely are chartered. That is even a new unit number that they got when they changed councils. They were Pack and Troop 372 in Longhorn Council, now Pack and Troop 2022 in Circle Ten Council.

@EmilyFlorez @RobertBrodner - are the scouts in dens in pack 2022 ?

@RobertBrodner so this pack went from LHC to C10? I think the issue with the whole pack is none of the Scouts are in Dens - that is essential for SB to work with Cubs

1 Like

OK, I will communicate that. Also, the pack and troop do not show up in the drop down list when I try to connect to them. Any idea why that would happen? This is happening for all three units. The girl troop is brand new, they were not transferred across councils.

Talk to C10 I think @RobertBrodner

@EmilyFlorez One problem may be that every leader in your unit needs to manage their member number to make their new member numbers primary.

It also looks like you are not registered with Circle Ten as more than a Tiger Adult Partner.

A post was split to a new topic: Adult Leader’s YPT Training Missing

I can explain why there’s a mix up with the dens. When we were finally activated I went to put the scouts in their dens. I didn’t see an add scout button so I did it manually hoping that it would recognize when there was a match, it didn’t. It wasn’t till I got down to the last 2 that I finally saw the little red letters indicating to click them to add current scouts to their dens. So we have double names.

I am the Webelo leader this year and last year I was the Bear leader. I have never been able to access my Scouts progress or advancements in Scoutbook.

@KatherineWilkerson that is because the scout is not in a den - with Cubs Scoutbook works off of the assigned Den

1 Like

Also, the screenshots you posted look to be from the Scouting app. That only allows parents to connect with their scout(s), not leaders to connect with their units/subunits. You’d need to you https://scoutbook.scouting.org to do that.