You Cannot Merge two BSA Member IDs - but can fix Scoutbook Users

@MicheleBunch I have already fixed his Den Leader account in Scoutbook.

What I am referring to is the Scout’s “User Relationships” at my.scouting. Your council can fix this with their Registrar Tools.

Good evening, I have a parent trying to link to their scouts info, but I discovered they were logging in to the wrong ID. I’d like to figure out how to merge them (and ideally keeping her YPT cert).

14019154 - What is linked to the scout

13005496 - What the parent is logging into when going to scoutbook. I am unable to search this ID, add to the scout’s connection. And, I am pretty sure that her YPT is linked to this account, since I’m not able to see her completion with the other ID. I tried to Edit Profile and it threw up an error.

Using her phone, I tried to go to my.scouting.org and Manage Member ID, but couldn’t search/find 13005496. It actually showed 14019154 as the primary, so was confused how that was possible if she was using the same email address as scoutbook, to the other account.

@DavidAnderson06 those 2 numbers do not lead to one person - please check again - and also identify what kind of ID it is - Scoutbook? BSA #?

Thank you so much Donovan!

@DavidAnderson06 This parent should be fixed.

She should log in with the “Sign in with Google” button, her Google name, and Google password,

I would recommend that she log in at my.scouting and update her address there.

@JenniferOlinger @DonovanMcNeil

I’ll have her take a look. Thank you for the help.

1 Like

Hi there, We continue to have parents with duplicate accounts. Here are some I need merged:
BSA ID: 13276786/12973582 (first one connected to his scout in ScoutBook; 2nd one has his YPT/training)
BSA ID: 13218367/13331127 (first one connected to scout; 2nd one has her YPT/training)
Thanks!
Tanya

@TanyaSteinhofer These should both be fixed.

Both users should log in with their my.scouting username – not their e-mail address.

1 Like

I have some more duplicate accounts that need cleaning up:
Good BSA ID: 133518448; Bad one: 13189833
Good BSA ID: 13228692; Bad one: 131083353
Then we have several parents who have only one BSA ID, but have 2 ScoutBook IDs so show up twice in ScoutBook. How do we delete the extra SB IDs? Do you need those or can I just provide their BSA ID and you can merge the 2 SB IDs? Thanks, Tanya

@TanyaSteinhofer I am working on this.

These should both be fixed.

For this parent, I had to use BSA 131083353, because that is the one with his registration history, training, and parent / child relationships.

If you could post the BSA member numbers, that’s usually all we need.

ok. Thanks. I wasn’t sure which one was the good one and the duplicate. Here are the BSA IDs with duplicate SB IDs:
Thanks! Tanya

@TanyaSteinhofer I am working on these.

@TanyaSteinhofer These should all be fixed.

This adult leader should log in with her my.scouting username – not her e-mail address.

Thanks! I found one more: 12564362

@TanyaSteinhofer This should be fixed.

Hi @JenniferOlinger. The parent with BSA ID 1359704 doesn’t remember her username and when I tried to use the retrieval tool, it says there are 2 SB IDs still. Can you tell me what her username is or what do you recommend?

@TanyaSteinhofer Both usernames are currently active. It looks like she logged in with the username that is her e-mail a couple days ago.

The other username is her son’s first name followed by their last name initials. I can try retiring this one, if she would like. (The BSA’s systems generally do not like e-mail addresses as usernames, for some reason.)

She seems to prefer the email as username. Can you try retiring the other one?

@TanyaSteinhofer OK, it let me do it this time. She only has one username now. It is the same as her e-mail.