YPT Not recording completions

I did the changes and merged the bsa id#, it was after I merged the YPT completion changed… that was what I was concerned about

Paula, my experience is despite the tool to merge your BSA ID #s on your my.scouting.org site, you usually have to call either your local council for help, or you used to be able to call National to get it done. I haven’t seen the one you control work for an individual.
Good luck!

So do I take it as it can now be accomplished without doing that, or should I still recommend a person log out after each module, use incognito/private mode for their preferred browser, and more?
Thank you

Craig,

I have been told the problem has been fixed and users should once again be able to take modules in succession without logging out.

Right. I should have been more clear about the particular advice that @RickhHillenbrand offered regarding the merging of BSA IDs that had training. If I understood correctly, he was indicating that it takes some time after merging the two BSA IDs, with each BSA ID listed as primary for a period of time, before the training synchronizes.

I haven’t tried this since all of my adult training was under my current BSA ID. I just wasn’t sure if you had seen his post, as it was slightly peripheral to the title of the thread and might not have shown up near the top of a search.

1 Like

@JamesSoltysiak IDG is working to make sure that everyone gets credited for the courses they took… but there is no further information available at this time. The Learning Management Software contractor (not My.Scouting software) did not know that they had a problem with their software until ‘we’ discovered and reported it, and thus was not able to post anything about an unknown problem.

1 Like

To sync your training across multiple MIDs, make each one your primary MID for a 24 hour period sequentially. When you get through all your MIDs, all your training should be sync’d.

2 Likes

Thank you. I’ll get one of the leaders to attempt and see what happens. Fingers are crossed ! Thank you again for your and Mr. Hillenbrand’s assitance and updates. I will report success or failure as I find out.

Craig
Troop 824 Unit Training Chair

1 Like

I just checked MSO and it still doesn’t list me as having completed YPT even though I took all of the required modules on 9/23. If I look at the legacy training tool it still only shows me as having completed the first module. Should I wait longer to see if it will eventually give me credit or just take it again? I live in one of the councils that requires YPT every year.

James,

The last we heard is the BSA is working with the vendor to try to recover completion dates for those that took all modules but do not have their training reflected in their training record. Unfortunately the vendor is being impacted by hurricane Delta so this is taking longer than expected. At this point I cannot predict if or when they will be successful in recovering this data.

1 Like

Good afternoon, I finally got a report from one of our ASMs that they were able to complete the YPT training, all modules and the test, without logging out between, and all modules and test recorded properly, including automatically sending the YPT certificate to their registered email address. However, I have not seen any of the completed but missing modules show up under other leader’s profiles as of this note.

They are still trying to make the changes needed to give folks credit for the YPT training taken while the system had issues. I will note that one of the still most current issues we most often see is when someone ‘swears’ they they completed YPT, and even have screen shots proving the point— but when researched it is discovered that they have not taken all four of the mandatory modules. When you run into issues like this please, please, please go to your council first and ask them to research.

I understand and thank you for the information. I always verify module completion via Troopmaster and/or Training Validation in my.scouting first and determine what modules registered as completed first, inform them, and provide a training report to them first before going outside the Troop for assistance. I have also informed all adults in the Troop just this morning, that efforts to recover missing module completions have not displayed anything in our group and just ask them to redo the modules again instead of waiting. Seeing that I know what is actually completed hopefully will be enough to move them ahead with doing the modules instead of wasting someone else’s time looking for non-existent completions.

The information received this morning (10/16) is that the initial group of individuals who requested their records be updated via the widget have been completed. Starting today, those that request an update to their records will happen daily.

So, if you have completed ALL the modules, AND the test, and have not yet received credit on your record, please use the widget to request your update.

(Just completing the test WILL NOT get you credit.)

The “widget” to which you refer meaning the help chat 'bot in the bottom right corner of the my.scouting webpage?

As I understand it, the widget is located in training.scouting.org (the training portal).

Hrm…I’m not seeing anything there. My YPT is fine, but I wanted to pass the word along to members of my unit whose YPT is showing as not completed, but who believe that they’ve completed all of the modules.

I’m not seeing a widget at training.scouting.org. Where is it located?

You will only see the widget if the system believes you may have been affected by the bug. You would have had to completed one or more YPT modules during the time the bug existed.

4 Likes

They were able to solve my issue. I logged in directly at training.scouting.org and a pop-up told they suspected I was affected by the problem. I just entered the date I took and completed the YPT and a comment. By the end of the day I got an email saying that my YPT had been completed and logging in now shows the correct date.

1 Like